Selecting Charter Bus Services
If you’re in charge of selecting a charter service for your group’s next trip, here are a few important items to look for to ensure passenger safety:
- Ask for references. Hear about the ups and downs of others experiences.
- Check the company’s USDOT safety rating. [http://www.safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/companysnapshot.aspx ] If you find the company has been given an unsatisfactory rating—walk away!
- Check insurance. Find out what type of insurance each coach has and its limits.
- See for yourself. Go inspect the charter company’s equipment and office, and talk to personnel.
- Ask about regulations. Be sure the company you charter with follows all DOT driver regulations to ensure passenger safety. Go one step further and ask if they complete random drug testing.
Have more questions about charters? Contact our professionals now to discuss your needs. We will guide you through every step of the way.